- make it a habit to work out at the hotel every day.
- make friends with at least one person in each city you visit.
- stay in touch via IM while you're on the road.
- as much as you can, arrange your schedule so you can tack days off at the end of an engagement in a cool city. = you just got free airfare to someplace nice! make some of these trips mini-vacations when you can. invite friends to join you when your work is done. be jet-set fabulous.
- get out of the hotel in the evenings. be around people. parks. cafes. try out a new hobby like drawing or writing or just explore the city on foot.
- get to know each place you visit so you'll feel like a regular there on subsequent trips. look up the city on wikitravel before you head out and find cool things to go see and do.
- talk to strangers. seriously. get to know hotel staff by name too.