- Sell all current company stock
- Max out 401K and stock contributions
- Use stock sale to pay off Credit card #1
- File income tax return
- Use tax refund to pay off credit card #2
- Not use credit cards for general living any more
I've completed steps 1, 2, 3, & 4... arguably, the last one is the hardest to do. The idea is that I feel like I've got a huge debt to pay off... so I feel like I'm oppressed into my job... so I hate my job (since anything we HAVE to do, we hate), so I'm stressed out and disappointed with life.
Separately, I'll start taking money away from myself in each paycheck, and sock it away in savings (or maybe stocks, who knows), and that'll be my "play money" for the big ticket items... like maybe that plasma TV I want... or a trip to vegas... or whatever else may come to mind... but credit cards are off limits for a while. I gotsa learn some lessons I think, and abstinance is going to have to come before moderation can be learned.
Wish me luck... <shivers from withdrawl>